Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Top gun

When I first started riding I used a route tracker to take a look at some stats on its performance. Was quite interesting to see its performance and also to find my current top speed of 31 mph! Am sure it was quite literally down hill with the wind behind me!


This a pair of outgoing and return trip reports.

I think I hit a bird on one trip! I was going down a country road which I often see birds darting around and then something caught my eye to the right and I felt a clunk on the helmet. Never expected that and was glad I had my visor down. I think it would be crazy to ever have it up at speed. I sometimes raise it at a junction for some cooling but it goes down pretty quickly.

I bought myself a tube scarf as sometimes my neck can be a little cold and the top of the jacket can be a bit harsh on my neck. It also helps with wet weather but I think I will need something more substantial when the weather gets worse so will start looking out for something thicker, warmer and more waterproof. I thought growing my beard out would help but it gives little warming effect when riding - well at least not my fairly small one!

No comments:

Post a Comment